Man, it’s been a long time since I’ve done one of these. Seems like since Twitter showed up, these ‘bullet point lists’ have just become Tweets. The problem though, is that I liked doing these and liked reading them. For those who have no idea what I’m talking about, this is what Stats Suck Sunday is. It’s a random list of things that are on my mind that occupy this blog on Sundays. We do it on Sunday because no one really reads blogs on Sunday. Most likely people aren’t at work trying to avoid total boredom. Anyway, here we go. For those that are interested leave your bullet points in the comments and we’ll discuss each other’s random thoughts. Sounds amazing right?
- Snow-pocalypse is officially in effect. Kristin just ran to the grocery store to buy things that we are actually out of and I’m expecting to hear how stripped the shelves are of all basic needs.
- Working on a brand spakin’ new Roadshow website. We’ll Jordan is working on it. I’m just being annoying at this point.
- Most of these are going to be work related because there’s so much going on this week.
- Tomorrow we are launching a couple different sites, and I think we’ll have about 5 or 6 total this next week or so.
- I got an iPad last week and I’ve lost my phone three times since. I’m not sure they are connected.
- Could my right foot be any colder?
- I’m happy for my Texan friends that are playing in the snow today. Hopefully it makes living in Texas a little less like living in Texas for them.
- Yes, that was a direct slam on Texas as a locational option of living.
- My dog has the weakest bladder of anything I have ever seen.
- Sponge Bob is hands-down the most annoying thing on the planet.
- My magic fingerless gloves haven’t show any signs of magical ability yet. But when they do… look out.
Dang. It’s Sunday again already? What the heck? Well, if you can’t tell I’m slammed with work. Slammed with getting ready for The Roadshow, slammed with wrapping up the packaging for “The Generous Mr. Lovewell“, slammed with launching some new sites, you know… all at once. So it doesn’t really surprise me that Sunday is the day that I can actually try to catch up on things here. So here goes. It’s Sunday and these are my thoughts.
- Gymkata has to be one of the worst, awesome moves I’ve ever seen. I swear the script was probably three pages of notes. It felt like there were several times in the movie where they just didn’t have lines so they just ran through the woods or something. Yep. That awesome.
- Blue is sitting next to me shooting people’s heads off in some video game. I think it’s kinda weird, but that’s because I have to, not because I really think it’s weird.
- We’ve been going through some major ‘adjustments’ on the SkörInc front. Lots of organizing and lots of team building talk.
- Everyone thinks I’m either gay or a hippie… or both for talking so much about “team building” but them having to listen to me is one of the perks of being the boss right?
- I had an idea last night that originally I was going to write about today, but then I realized I’d rather start working on it before I talk about it. You know… element of surprise and all that…. plus I don’t know what I’m doing so I have to check with some people before I go and start talking about things.
- I’m pretty excited to hang with the Crowder boys in the next couple days. This will be my third tour with them and it’s always a good time.
- Maybe the Crowder boys will want to do some team-building stuff with me.
- I’ve still chickened out about wearing my letterman jacket anywhere, but I’m thinking that we start something on here where people send in pics of them wearing their letterman jacket somewhere in public. It’s time to bring that back.
- Apparently Franklin, TN has a basketball team.
- How do you pack for a month away from home? I wear the same thing every day. That either makes it really hard to pack, or really easy. We’ll see which one it is tomorrow.
- I’m still glad I’m not Kobe Bryant.
- Kristin and I are going to see MUSE tomorrow. Yes sir. MUSE. Tomorrow. My wife is awesome.
I think that’s it for now. I really should be stopping Blue from shooting people’s heads off. What’s on your mind peeps?
Welcome to Stats Suck Sunday. If you’re not sure what this is all about, it’s simple. Bullet points of random thoughts, lumped together in a post that few will read. Our stats will all suck on Sundays so I say embrace it. If you want to join in write a list on your own blog and leave the link in the comments. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your list in the comments. It’s fun. I promise. Here we go.
- I’m in San Antonio for the next few days. We did a show last night, but for the next few days we’re just chillin in this ridiculous hotel. It’s kind of one of those places that’s cool to stay at, but it’d be way cooler if Kristin was here.
- The MercyMe boys are playing at Six Flags tonight here so I at least have plans for one of the nights that I’m here.
- The Discovery Channel is awesome.
- I’m still trying to figure out why I packed a scarf for a 10 day run in Texas, but I’m sure it made sense at the time.
- There is noting grosser than the birth process of a kangaroo.
- I slept in 2 stages last night. One for three hours, and another for four. I suppose that equals seven hours but I’m not feeling it.
- I’m pretty sure football starts sometime soon and I’ll have to start paying attention to my Fantasy Football team. I’m pretty sure I’m in trouble though. My team is no good.
- Just told the cleaning lady I probably wouldn’t need my room cleaned for a few days. I wonder if that was a good idea.
- Got some fun news this week from the Fee guys. Be looking for that on Tuesday or so.
- It kind of bugs me that there’s all these snacks in this room, but I don’t know how much they cost or what to do with them. I mean that Strawberry Odwalla breakfast bar looks really good right now.
- Alright. It’s 1:00. This is getting ridiculous. I need to get going.
Have a great Sunday. What’s your random thoughts today?
Well it’s late but it’s still Sunday, so here we go. Welcome to Stats Suck Sunday, where everything is random because no one’s really reading. Here we go.
- Today marks the day of the launch of the MercyMe iPhone App. It’s pretty basic but does somethings to keep everyone up to speed. We’re still working out some of the bugs but it’s cool to have it out there and running.
- There are plenty more apps where that one came from so be looking for that.
- Our hometown is currently on fire in California so be praying for all of our friends out there. From what I have heard several of them have already been evacuated.
- I slept two chunks of 3 hours last night and drove home from the bus in between. Not exactly a good night’s rest and I’m feeling it now.
- Fantasy Football starts pretty soon and my team is no good already.
- I’ve got some pretty huge meetings this week, but I’m not going to tell you about them until later. But it could be really cool.
- Date night tomorrow.
- I’m in Texas all next week. I think mostly the San Antonio area, which happens to be several miles away from anyone I know in Texas.
- Today I finally got Kristin to admit she likes a song performed by an American Idol contestant. Hey, that’s a big victory for me.
- Bouncing back and forth between this and the news websites so I think I’m gonna wrap this up.
How’s your Sunday looking?
Welcome to Sunday. You know the rules. We’re gonna start right into it today. Here goes.
- Tonight is our Fantasy Football draft and I’m a little nervous about it. I have no idea what I am doing and most likely will forget to show up online for the draft.
- For those of you that don’t know, I’m in a Fantasy Football league with the MercyMe guys and they always talk me into trading my good players.
- I’m still on the bus headed back from New York. Should be there just in time to take Blue out for his birthday dinner and give him his present.
- I’m not telling you what his present it, but it’s awesome. I can tell you that much.
- I’ve got another busy week this week. Lots to do and lots to catch up on. Looking forward to two huge meetings in particular, but I’m not telling you about those yet either.
- Who eats grape jelly, really? I’m shocked it even exists.
- I’ve never been a ‘feet on the dashboard’ kind of guy. I need to start doing that more. It seems comfortable.
- Bart called me last night at 1:29 am. Rockstars.
- I’m contemplating trying that Lemonade Cleansing thing. Anyone tried it? I have a couple friends that have tried it and love it, but I’m not so sure.
- Seriously. Who thought of jelly and thought that grape flavor would be a good idea?
- There’s a prison gang show on the National Geographic channel right now. I’m glad I am neither in prison or a gang.
- Found out last night that Ryan from One Republic has written several Kelly Clarkson songs, so make fun all you want.
- I’m getting far too distracted by this prison show.
Thanks for stopping by this Sunday. What’s on your mind?
- Two weeks home in a row. This hasn’t happened since February.
- It’s FREAKING hot outside today.
- I’m currently watching ‘Journey To The Center Of The Earth’ with Blue. Brendan Fraser has found a cinematic niche that is unrivaled.
- My feet still hurt. Thinking it’s time for some band-aids.
- Funny to me that Band-Aids aren’t really called “Band-Aids”. Band-Aid is the brand not the product. Sort of like Frisbee or Q-Tip. Weird huh?
- We’re taking a family trip to Chattanooga this week to visit the Aquarium and all that. Should be awesome to get away hang out for a couple days.
- I’m thinking this time in SkörInc is simply the calm before the storm. Come October we should be slammed. Lots of big stuff coming.
- I’m still super impressed by Derek Webb’s new record and am trying not to talk about it every day, but I Tweeted the other day that I’ve decided to call it “Conspiracy Rock”. Allow me to explain. You know the parts of The Oceans movies (11, 12 and 13) when the plan is all coming together perfectly and the music has a sort of ‘swagger’ about it, because you know something awesome is happening? That’s ‘Conspiracy Rock’. That’s Derek’s new record.
- I’m missing the movie.
Alright Sunday party people. What’s on your mind?
Welcome to Sunday. It’s time for another installment of ‘Stats Suck Sunday’ where everything is random and it doesn’t matter anyway because no one is reading it. To join in it’s easy. Write a bunch of random bullet points on your blog and leave the link in the comments along with your comment. Things have changed up a little because I’m mad at Mr. Linky for screwing up my blog too much. Here goes:
- First off, I know this video above is old and most of you have seen it, but go ahead, tell me it’s not good enough to post again. Plus with this week being the 4th of July and all, it’s only appropriate.
- I actually have a Saturday and Sunday “off” this week. And when I say “off”, I mean that I get to be home and not on the road.
- I do have to be gone for The Forth of July though. I will be in New York, which is a bummer but I think there will be plenty of time to blow things up with the boys when I get home.
- The Disney Channel weirds me out. It’s like they take a bunch of kid actors and put them in adult story line movies. Like crime fighters, or ninjas, or something else awesome and then these kids are fighting adults. I’ve never seen a kid ninja soccer player girl before.
- I’ve decided to start memorizing songs on the guitar. I’ve always been a slacker at that. I suppose that’s the problem with learning guitar by leading worship. You always have the option of chord charts.
- Playing basketball barefoot hurts my ankle.
- This week is Kristin’s birthday (July 1st), so I’ve got some planning to do, but I have some sneaky ideas.
- Last night we had green beans and spaghetti with basil from our garden.
- ‘Return To Neverland’ is way more intense than the first ‘Peter Pan’ movie. Those pirates are rough.
- I’d like to go on a roller coaster.
- I thought about the green overlay thing on my Twitter avatar, but I don’t really get what it’s supposed to do. Plus that green weirds me out a little.
- I think I need to be done because my foot is asleep.
Happy Sunday. What’s on your mind?
Welcome to Sunday. It’s been a while since I’ve done a ‘Stats Suck Sunday’ post because typically I am getting home from the road and don’t even want to look at my computer on Sundays. But this week ended up being one of the two weekends I will have off until October and I’ve tried to take full advantage of it. So, if you don’t know how this works… welcome to the party. This is random, pointless bullet points that not that many people will read because it’s Sunday. You’re welcome to use this format for your blog today, if you’d like, and you can also steal the Stats Suck banner if you want. Or you can make your own. Ya dig? Here goes.
- My ‘drink from a mug only’ beverage plan seems to be going okay, but probably because I haven’t really left the house much. There was lunch the other day with Carlos where I drank my weight in pineapple juice, and that was not from a mug, so maybe I’m not doing as well as I thought.
- Speaking of that pineapple juice. I need to find that juice and somehow make sure there is a constant flow of it into my refrigerator. Maybe replace the water dispenser in the door with a pineapple juice one. Now we’re talking.
- I’m expecting good things from Orlando tonight. Kobe can’t be that good every night.
- The boys and I rode bikes around the neighborhood yesterday and I’m thinking this is going to be a regular thing. It was a lot better once Aiden learned he had brakes.
- I’m working on an event with Jonny Diaz this week, with my friends at INO Records, and am going to need all your help to make it as big as we possibly can. Everyone make sure to leave Thursday evening open for a little live broadcast. More details later this week.
- I think I’m sunburnt.
- Seriously, that pineapple juice was amazing. I think it was some ‘organic’ Nestea thing, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. It had a different name than Nestea, but I think it was that ‘brand’.
- “Quitting is fun and think of all the time you will save” – The white fluffy cat in Stuart Little 2.
- I had 311 emails this morning when I woke up. On a Sunday. I pushed ‘Delete’ a lot.
- I’ve never seen a guitar in worse shape than the boys acoustic guitar. Maybe Willie Nelson’s, but theirs is pretty bad.
- I need to replace all the railing on our front porch and I’m a little nervous about it. I’m not what you would call ‘handy’.
- I’ve got to go replace some strings on a jacked up kids guitar.
- Have a great Sunday.
Let’s hear it. What’s your randomness today?
Welcome to Sunday. I got off the bus this morning at about 3AM so I’m a little out of it right now, but I wanted to make sure to throw a bunch of randomness on here and bore you all to tears. It is amazing to be home on a Sunday where my phone isn’t ringing like crazy and I don’t have 200 emails to sort through. I love that people take Sunday off. And speaking of that, who’s ready for some random thoughts? In bullet points of course?
- The Minority Report is a weird movie.
- Not only is the Minority Report a weird movie, but it’s weird that it set in 2054, which doesn’t seem all that far away.
- I completely forgot about Colin Farrell. But I’m sure everyone pretty much has too. Except for maybe his mom and some close friends.
- Quizno’s takes Subway any day, but I’ll give it to Subway for trying.
- I’m going to go ahead and say it. Go Rockets. Yeah, I said it. Anyone who’s up against the Lakers is a friend of mine. Beyond that I’ve got to go with LeBron. He deserves a win this year. But really does it matter as long as the Lakers lose?
- I’ve finally just now gotten Country Music out of my head for the week. All it too was a little Killers, and now we are good until Thursday night.
- I’m still a little bummed that the WayFM DJ lady ruined The Biggest Loser Finale for me the other day. I still haven’t seen the finale, but I also saw a People Magazine on the table in catering the other day with the winner on the cover. Boo. There’s almost no point in watching it.
- I’m pretty amazed that Natalie Grant has crossed the 10,000 Followers mark on her Twitter with 10,219. It’s pretty impressive really.
- Speaking of Natalie, I’m really excited about some things on the horizon with her and several other artists that we are working with. Big things are happening.
- I’ve got three meetings in the next two days which brings me back to why I’m glad that people still take Sundays off.
- I’m planning on buying a new pair of jeans this week and I’m a little stressed about the whole thing. I’m bad at ordering a sandwich, let alone picking out something that I have to wear as often as a pair of jeans.
- Tom Cruise is about to get his eyes replaced and it’s really distracting me from typing this.
- Isn’t basketball on yet?
- Pineapple juice is good.
Have a great Sunday folks. What’s on your mind?
- Today we decided to skip church and hang out as a family. It’s been almost two months of me traveling, and us running in different directions, and it felt like it was time to do that.
- The Franklin Festival is amazingly expensive to ‘walk around’ at. Five dollar corn dog? Really?
- Last night with Billy went well. Completely out of my element, but I think that will only make me work harder.
- Working on my fourth cup of coffee today. Seems like I should be really awake.
- The garden Kristin planted a few weeks ago is starting to show signs of life.
- Still trying to figure out the whole ‘Cupcake Craze’. I think it bothers Kristin more than me, but we both think it’s a little silly.
- I’ve decided that this week is a week of getting organized, so we’ll see how that goes.
- Organization is not my strong point.
- It’s been a while since I have done a Stats Suck Sunday post, but it’s been cool to see both this and Positive Post Tuesday continue to some level.
- I wish the font that I was typing this in, actually showed up like this when I published it to my blog.
- Fresh basil is awesome.
- Seriously, who would have thought two years ago that Cupcakes would be the new awesome trendy thing?
- I’ve been really wanting to see the third ‘X-Men’ movie for a while now. I might need to go get that.
- Haven’t Cupcakes been around forever?
- I met Dane from The Biggest Loser last night. He looked good and supposedly ran a marathon yesterday. A marathon where someone died running it.
- I bet Dane from The Biggest Loser doesn’t eat trendy Cupcakes. I should have asked him.
- Two different ice cream trucks have come into our cul-de-sac in the past hour. I think we’ve been targeted.
- This list is long and probably pretty annoying.
Welcome to Sunday. Our stats will suck, but we all have random stuff to say. What’s on your mind today? The rules are simple. Write your bullet point random thoughts on your blog. Fill out the box below. Sounds easy right? Ready? Go.