So, I’m finishing out day two of my ‘seven meetings in three days’ stretch and I’m still alive. Can’t really think that well right now, so here’s a picture of some cats fighting with light sabers. Some pretty big SkörInc news coming up that I’m excited about, but you’ll have to wait.
So, we’ve done this before, but it’s a pretty fun way to share some new music, not to mention an awesome possibility for something funny to come up. Above is the first ten songs that came up when I clicked my iTunes DJ button out of a list of 4854 songs. Pretty interesting huh?
Now it’s your turn, but before you list your 10 songs tell us how many songs you have in your library too. Comments should look like this:
Library: 100 songs
1. Awesome song name
2. Awesome song name
Seems pretty easy right? If you’re having a hard time getting a list, just put your player on ‘Shuffle’ and type out the first 10. No cheating to look cooler either. Ready? Go.
Welcome to Sunday. You know the rules. We’re gonna start right into it today. Here goes.
- Tonight is our Fantasy Football draft and I’m a little nervous about it. I have no idea what I am doing and most likely will forget to show up online for the draft.
- For those of you that don’t know, I’m in a Fantasy Football league with the MercyMe guys and they always talk me into trading my good players.
- I’m still on the bus headed back from New York. Should be there just in time to take Blue out for his birthday dinner and give him his present.
- I’m not telling you what his present it, but it’s awesome. I can tell you that much.
- I’ve got another busy week this week. Lots to do and lots to catch up on. Looking forward to two huge meetings in particular, but I’m not telling you about those yet either.
- Who eats grape jelly, really? I’m shocked it even exists.
- I’ve never been a ‘feet on the dashboard’ kind of guy. I need to start doing that more. It seems comfortable.
- Bart called me last night at 1:29 am. Rockstars.
- I’m contemplating trying that Lemonade Cleansing thing. Anyone tried it? I have a couple friends that have tried it and love it, but I’m not so sure.
- Seriously. Who thought of jelly and thought that grape flavor would be a good idea?
- There’s a prison gang show on the National Geographic channel right now. I’m glad I am neither in prison or a gang.
- Found out last night that Ryan from One Republic has written several Kelly Clarkson songs, so make fun all you want.
- I’m getting far too distracted by this prison show.
Thanks for stopping by this Sunday. What’s on your mind?
Welcome to Sunday. It’s been a while since I’ve done a ‘Stats Suck Sunday’ post because typically I am getting home from the road and don’t even want to look at my computer on Sundays. But this week ended up being one of the two weekends I will have off until October and I’ve tried to take full advantage of it. So, if you don’t know how this works… welcome to the party. This is random, pointless bullet points that not that many people will read because it’s Sunday. You’re welcome to use this format for your blog today, if you’d like, and you can also steal the Stats Suck banner if you want. Or you can make your own. Ya dig? Here goes.
- My ‘drink from a mug only’ beverage plan seems to be going okay, but probably because I haven’t really left the house much. There was lunch the other day with Carlos where I drank my weight in pineapple juice, and that was not from a mug, so maybe I’m not doing as well as I thought.
- Speaking of that pineapple juice. I need to find that juice and somehow make sure there is a constant flow of it into my refrigerator. Maybe replace the water dispenser in the door with a pineapple juice one. Now we’re talking.
- I’m expecting good things from Orlando tonight. Kobe can’t be that good every night.
- The boys and I rode bikes around the neighborhood yesterday and I’m thinking this is going to be a regular thing. It was a lot better once Aiden learned he had brakes.
- I’m working on an event with Jonny Diaz this week, with my friends at INO Records, and am going to need all your help to make it as big as we possibly can. Everyone make sure to leave Thursday evening open for a little live broadcast. More details later this week.
- I think I’m sunburnt.
- Seriously, that pineapple juice was amazing. I think it was some ‘organic’ Nestea thing, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. It had a different name than Nestea, but I think it was that ‘brand’.
- “Quitting is fun and think of all the time you will save” – The white fluffy cat in Stuart Little 2.
- I had 311 emails this morning when I woke up. On a Sunday. I pushed ‘Delete’ a lot.
- I’ve never seen a guitar in worse shape than the boys acoustic guitar. Maybe Willie Nelson’s, but theirs is pretty bad.
- I need to replace all the railing on our front porch and I’m a little nervous about it. I’m not what you would call ‘handy’.
- I’ve got to go replace some strings on a jacked up kids guitar.
- Have a great Sunday.
Let’s hear it. What’s your randomness today?
You know, there are times when I’m about to publish something on this here blog and I start to think of all the different types of people that read it. The pastors, the parents, the impressionable teenagers, the business men, and the artists. And that starts to freak me out a little when what I am publishing is ‘questionable’ or something that’s most likely only going to be funny to me and maybe three other people on the planet. This may be one of those posts, but here goes anyway.
Now, I know there are also several different ‘beliefs’ reading this blog. Whether it’s Christian believing that we were created by a maker, to the evolutionist believing that we evolved from slime, or even to the folks who don’t really care where we came from or where we are going. They are all here, and I respect that. But allow me to throw out a question that I was thinking the other day when I, you know… had some time to slow down and think.
How is it that we were created, or have evolved into (depending on your current belief) being reliant on something like toilet paper? Now I say ‘something like toilet paper’ because I know that back in the day something different was probably used. Maybe it was leaves. Maybe it was cloth. Maybe it was a good old fashioned swim in the river, but to some level a reliance on “something else” to remain clean was formed. This concerns me.
It seems that our bodies at the very root of existence should be fully capable to function without a reliance on any man made thing right? I mean, animals don’t need toilet paper. Why do we? Maybe the food has changed. Maybe there was a shift in consumption as humans where we all the sudden became… messier? Who knows. And I don’t know if I should really be thinking this heavily on it, but it was something that hit me the other day.
So what do we think? Am I on crack? Is this one of those times that I should have opted out of pushing ‘Publish’? Or am I on to something?
- I just figured out that the song about the old lady who swallowed a fly and then a spider, and then a bird and then a cat, and then a dog, and then a goat, and then a horse is possibly about lying. Like if you lie once you have to cover it up with a bigger lie and so on. Only took thirty years for me to get that, and I am still skeptical.
- My Fantasy Football Team is going to loose bad today. I can feel it. Here’s my team for all you peeps who know what you are talking about and want to tell me how bad they are.
- Turns out ambulance rides are expensive. Really expensive. Like, thirty-two dollars a mile expensive. Sucks when the closest kid’s hospital is almost forty miles away.
- This is the most deceptive time of year as far as weather goes. I think it’s smart to wear a sweatshirt all day… then find out, it’s not.
- Congratulations to the Best’s and the Bush’s for adding humans to their lives this week.
- I found this blog today and thought it would be funny. I think it’s going to end up letting me down. And before you go there you should know, there’s cussing and it’s not even funny cussing.
- I think Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie, but I haven’t decided entirely. ”She thinks the monkey is the Sultan.”
- Dan Haseltine Twittering will eventually destroy my phone. I woke up to six messages from him. Can we say “device updates off“?
- We rented Run Fatboy Run last night from iTunes. People with accents make for better movies. Have you seen it?
Welcome to Sunday. These are the random things floating around in my head this morning. Our stats will suck today, it’s true, but we are all here together with sucking stats so we might as well enjoy it.
What’s nobody reading on your blog today?